Baby Sleep Safety
Always consider your baby’s safety first when using myHummy white noise toys.
Please follow the below recommendations as outlined by the Lullaby Trust, which provides expert advice on baby sleep safety.
- Place your baby on their back to sleep. If your baby rolls on to their tummy but can’t roll back, put them on their back again. Once they can roll both ways, let your baby find their own sleeping position.
- Keep your baby in the same room as you for the first six months.
- Use a firm, flat, waterproof mattress in a good condition.
- Keep your baby smoke free during pregnancy and childhood.
- Breastfeed if possible.
- Fall asleep on a sofa or an armchair with your baby even during the day.
- Bed share if you smoke, drink, take drugs, or are extremely tired.
- Co-sleep if your baby is premature or has a low birth-weight.
- Let your baby get too hot. Room temperature of 16-20 degrees with light bedding is ideal for babies.
- Cover your baby’s face or head. Baby’ s feet should be at the foot of the cot, so that baby can’t wriggle down under blankets.
- Use loose bedding - blankets should be tucked in under mattress or use a baby sleeping bag.
- Use pillows, duvets, or cot bumpers.
- Place soft toys next to a sleeping baby.
Follow this advice for all naps not just during night time.
Because it is not recommended for a baby to sleep with a soft toy, we strongly suggest placing myHummy next to your child's cot or Moses basket or using it as a cot attachment (Sleepy Heads and Snoozy toys). Do not place directly inside a Moses basket. Some myHummy white noise toys can be attached to a cot, Moses basket, car seat, or a buggy, these are: